Friday, September 23, 2011

First Post from Kaoshiung

Decided to revive this blog after such a long time. I can hear her calling out for me, grabbing for my attention. Attended Exploration of Human Life Ethics classes yesterday, so my dormant brain is pretty warmed up for though-provoking issues. After all the travelling and continuous eating, my body & brain is slowly switching to an unhealthy state of "so long I'm happy, I don't have to re-examine about my life"

During the class, pictures of adorable babies were flashed over the projector. I was reminded of all the happy moments I have experienced in my life, & that life is an awesome journey with so many different things to touch, feel, hear & see.

But do we always feel so that way? Unfortunately, no. Humans are not perfect creatures, & we are always hungry for more. This flaw has been in our blood right from the olden days. If we are not greedy, would the serpent have succeeded in tempting Adam & Eve into eating from the forbidden tree?

We humans, tend to err. This trait alone, is sufficient enough for us to look back at out life & improve on our quality of life, repent on our mistakes & most importantly, not to commit the same error again. Like what Sorcrates said, " An unexamined life is not worth living." I can't agree more with that.

To examine our life, it meant to make changes & fine tune our life, to live a quality life. But what defines a quality life? It's all subjective. In my opinion, experience & discover life. Be curious about everything. Open ur perception to everything. Learn everything that passes through ur hand. Be kind to people & don't judge them easily. And for me, I still have so much more to improve on.